- i like to learn new stuff....strategy....memes...studying propaganda... big picture discussions about the country and world and dynamics (political strategist at heart), economics, and the human condition...
- making grooves happen/soulful guitar playing, guitar gear, tone-fiddling, snorkeling, and Hawaii
- not much time to... like PBS. i also get Teaching Company classes and watch those to learn about interesting topics from top Professors in country.
- not much time to (see movies)
- Steely Dan, New Orleans funk, Classic Rock like Zep and late 70's Aerosmith, Jimi, and lately a lot of Doyle Bramhall II and Derek Trucks and Storyville from Austin., Love most of it. Zappa of course. 26, and 000 songs in my Itunes. Love Soul-Jazz
- About me:
- Playing for 3 decades and Frank Zappa has been a tremendous inspiration to me. What a mind-opener. And the parody/anthropology of human beings and our various ridiculous activities is such a bonus. Grew up in Louisiana and played for 3 decades now, but not as full-time musician, was guy with "real world job." Love blues, rock, funk, swamp music too, and of course Zappa. I play several Collings electrics (2 I-35s and a CL-DLX), a Gold Sparkle Strat, and a nice old Tele. Martin D-28 Acoustic. It took me years to find the stuff I love best/sounds the best. Ah, the ToneQuest... Have a Fractal AXE-FX II with powered monitors and MFC controller, and a Bludotone Ojai. I love dinking with guitar tones and replicating them. Hanging out at Austin Vintage Guitars and got to know some of my heroes like Eric Johnson, Jimmie Vaughn, and others...recently moved to Virginia and getting settled here looking for fellow music tribe members who can really groove. Will be at Dweezilla 2014, alumnus of all of them, and looking forward to it!
Regarding an update on Dweezilla 2014, I am looking into the possibility of doing a camp in Los Angles in late September or Early October. I will also be doing one in the UK in November. I will give more detailed info on......Read more