- My interests begin with my family. I have two daughters and two grand daughtes and a really cool son in law. I love playing bass and I love teaching my grandkids a good foundation in rock and roll. I love live music and go to as many shows as I can every year., Family, I have two Daughters, two Grand daughters, and and one son in law. two cats. We live in Queens NY. One daughter is in college for nursing and one is a nurse.
- Music and painting...my daughters tell me I am super mega obsessed with music. I taught my self to play bass with some pink floyd books and some blues riffs and led zeppelin and bassplayer magazine and some other stuff that is really out of my league. I also jam as often as I can at a studio in midtown Manhattan. and I have also had a bass teacher now for about a year and that has helped a lot.I still have a lot to learn about groove.
- sci fi or science or news...not the FOX variety (not much "NEWS" on FOX). I love the Daily Show, and Doctor Who. I also like Nat Geo Wild, love nature documentaries. I also love That Metal Show., and love nature documentaries. I also love That Metal Show.
- sci fi or action or comedy...especially comedy. I love The Outlaw jose Wales...it is action and comedy. My other favorite movie is the Producers with Zero Mostelle. and sci fi or action or comedy...especially comedy. I love The Outlaw jose Wales...it is action and comedy. My other favorite movie is the Producers with Zero Mostelle.
- Blues, Rock (I like it heavy but not into thrash or poser stuff), Avantegarde...and stuff. I love the music of Frank Zappa of course, After all is that not why "WE" are all here. My iPod has a lot of RUSH, Motorhead ( they havenew stuff), and I really like a lot of new stuff as well as the Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd type of collections I have Monster Magnet and Queens of the Stone Age as well as Device and Glenn Hughes and Marcus Miller andStanley Clarke stuff. I tend to play mostly Stones and Beatles where I jam but sometimes I can talk them into a deep purple tune but nothing heavy. I could Listen to Deep Purple all day long...one of my favorite of all time
- Books and Magazines:
- Time, Bon Appetite, New Yorker, and New Yorker
- About me:
I am 51 years old and am a nurse by profession. I amLearning to play bass for about 6 years now. I have learned through a lot of my own practice and just showing up at jams as much as I can and I hvave a teacher and I attended Dweezilla for 4 years. I can actually read music. When I was young (age 5 - about 24) I played a trombone and a baritone in school, the marching\concert\and jazz band. I was also in a drum and bugle corp. I was playing in a college orchestra by the time I was 12. I sorta gave up on playing music when I was in my 20's and went in other artistic directions, but I always wanted to learn bass. I guess this was such a topic of conversation that one friend eventually bought me a bass and told me to shut up and play...or just shut up. I fell in love with it quickly.