- Family. I have two daughters and two grand daughters. They are a hoot! My youngest daughter is graduating high school this march. She is 16. She will be starting college in June for Nursing. my older daugher is a nurse and is done with her contract and will try to get a job in the same hospital I work in.
- Music and painting...my daughters tell me I am super mega obsessed with music. I taught my self to play bass with some pink floyd books and some blues riffs and led zeppelin and bassplayer magazine and some other stuff that is really out of my league. I also jam as often as I can at a studio in midtown Manhattan.
- sci fi or science or news...not the FOX variety (not much "NEWS" on FOX). I love the Daily Show,and Doctor Who. I also like Nat Geo Wild, love nature documentaries. I also love That Metal Show.
- sci fi or action or comedy...especially comedy. I love The Outlaw jose Wales...it is action and comedy. My other favorite movie is the Producers with Zero Mostelle.
- Blues, Rock (I like it heavy but not into thrash or poser stuff), Avantegarde...and stuff. I love the music of Frank Zappa of course, After all is that not why "WE" are all here. My iPod has a lot of RUSH, Joe Satriani and Jethro Tull and Led Zep and Steve Vai, as well as Black Sabbath and Glenn Hughes. I got a thing for singing bass players. I got a huge colelction of jack Bruce stuff. I find the stick instruments quite appealing too so I like Tony Levin's work.
- last three books I have read are Buddy Guy's biography, Clockwork Angels which is an extension of the Project RUSH did for thier most recent album (or vice versa)and Mel Bay's bass tutorial
- About me:
I am 49 years old and am a nurse by profession. I am teaching myself bass for about 4 years
now. I can actually read music. When I was young (age 5 - about 24) I played a trombone and a baritone in school, the marching\concert\and jazz band. I was also in a drum and bugle corp. I was playing in a college orchestra by the time I was 12. I sorta gave up on playing music when I was in my 20's and went in other artistic directions, but I always wanted to learn bass. I guess this was such a topic of conversation that one friend eventually bought me a bass and told me to shut up and play...or just shut up. I fell in love with it quickly.
I also paint and travel to philippines a lot. I love to cook...and therefor,eat and I like movies.
Ninang updated her profile status2013-05-03 16:08:28 -0400
Ninang updated her profile status2013-05-03 16:07:59 -0400