- Total Points:
- May Points:
- Last Activity:
- Nov 26, 2012 at 09:06 AM
- Member Since:
- Dec 9, 2009
Jørgen R. Karlaug
- ZAPPA, Zappa and Zappa - and some fishing, diving, going to concerts (70's had the best music). But all in all everything boils down to one thing; Music is the best!
- Collecting Zappa (FZ & DZ) LPs - especially releases from Japan. I have all the VACK... CD releases with mini LP sleeves - although the Rykodisc masters were used, the sound seems much better (and since I grew ut with LPt help liking better these releases, reminds me of the old vinyl days - I am not very fond of the jewel cases, all plastic, sold today - there I think that ZFT have done a very good job with the covers/artwork), watching every DZ ZPZ show I can (have been to all three in Oslo), and can't wait for the next show in Oslo! And as mentioned above, and deep sea fishing) and scuba diving (in clean and clear saltwaters).
- All about music - and occationally an episone of CSI and Criminal Minds. And of course the Simpsons! Which now is the longest living comic series on tv.
- No particular - if some, it may be High Fidelity (only because it is a lot of good music there, and I recognize myself at some point with the main caracter...). The Wall was not too bad either. Neither was The Blues Brothers - or Simpsons - the movie.
- Zappa of course! And prog rock from the 70's like ELP, Yes, King Crimson etc. But Zappa is and will always the the greatest composer, musician, guitarist, band leader etc. of all times. My definitive favourite!
- Stephen King novels - he is my definitive favourite author, Edgar Allen Poe novels and short stories, good written horror novels and good written criminal novels. Not to mention my three favoutite Norwegian authors, but very interesting), Jo Nesbø (he is a really good criminal novel author) and last but not least, Roald Dahl (who I think moved to the UK after the 2nd world war)., Knut Hamsun (old and a bit heavy to read
- About me:
3 children, Stine b. '91 (she is on the way to be a Zappa fan - at least she is the one that is most like me when it comes to music and interests), Ola b. '93 and Kari b. '95. I think I have around 400 Zappa albums in my collection. I have been so lucky to meet Dweezil on 3 occations (an extremely nice guy - he really takes good care of his fans - simply one of the nicest people I have met), Don Preston once (he was very impressed with my collection - he told me that he only had 5 or 6 Zappa records himself), Roy Estrada once, and Napoleon Murphy Brock once. What struck me, was that they all were very "down to earth" persons. Very nice to talk to, and genuinly interested to listen to you and answer the question I had. Really nice people.