Many of you know that I have had a series of mishaps with my knee -- a simple ACL replacement surgery went awry resulting in the shattering of my knee cap. A second surgery was supposed to have fixed the knee cap. I spent months (April, May, June and July) in rehab, but alas, I have just learned that the knee cap never healed and a third surgery is scheduled for this Friday, August 1. Don't know what the outcome will be, and what I will have to do or not do to get this to heal. I am hopeful and willing to do the rehab all over, so long as I can get restored to full function. Think of me - I'll keep you posted - updated
4 Comments - More updates
- Theatre, Snow skiing, Waterskiing, home repair, electronic repair, study, philosophy, taking things apart, putting them back together, guitars (gibsons and martins and after forty years, finally like a strat), building things, fixing things, planting things (if I am told where they go), going to hardware stores, and going to music stores -- I wish there were real record stores still...
- See above
- Now: House, 24, Glee, Curb, Sarah Connor Chronicles, all CNN except Larry King, Keith Obermann, Rachel Madow Then: Boston Legal, Star Trek, Man from Uncle, Hill Street Blues, LA Law, St. Elsewhere, Letterman (especially the early morning version), Monty Python, and Fawlty Towers...
- Black Orpheus, Swept Away, every Bond film (even the bad ones) every Star Trek film (even the bad ones), every Coen Brothers film (there are no bad ones, and but Blood Simple is superb)...
- ZAPPA, Faure, Verdi, Puccini, Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Bruce Hornsby, Lee Ritenour, George Duke, Stanley Clarke, Jethro Tull, Allman Brothers, Dead, Mozart, Haydn, Handel, Steve Winwood, Traffic, Lyle Lovett, Bonnie Raitt, Stravinsky, Pat Martino, Acoustic Alchemy, Dvorak, Chick Corea, Return to Forever, and Zappa....
- About me:
- A Zappa fan from the Garrick Theatre days (I was 13 when I first saw the Mothers). I was one of the lucky ones to win a guitar and more important, a chance to jam with Dweezil and this terrific band. I have seen every ZPZ show in the NY area since the start and saw countless shows with Frank (all the Felt Forum, Palladium, Halloween, etc shows). Still play guitar. For fun, I am also a rabbi and ride a motorcycle.